In the past year I have learned to reply less and less on article marketing, but is article marketing dead? Can you really get rankings from Article marketing? The answer is not really straight forward. Article marketing to a large extent is not as powerful as it once was and effectiveness trend only shows signs of it going down hill. But that is becuase 90% of people who do article marketing do it incorrectly. I will hopefully in the next few paragraphs show you the following:-
1. What should you expect from Article Marketing
2. Making Your Distributed Articles Go further
3. Avoiding the pitfalls and dispensing some myths.
4. Recommended Service.
What should you expect from Article Marketing
- Get minimum of 100 links per article distribution (indexed links)
- Wide IP diversity
- In content Links
- Varying Anchor Text Links
The above is all I expect from half decent Article marketing service. I dont go in thinking that article marketing is going to be the solution to my backlink building needs I dont think that it will help me rank for the tough keywords, but it is a part of the puzzle and depending on how you use it it can be an important player in your backlink profile.
That is the trick really is’nt it? A distributed article on an given domain is basically a new url. Once indexed it carries a certain amount of weight, and the trick is to add more weight to the url. Making that url more powerful by pointing more links towards that. In theory this sounds perfect but HOW do you actually do it?
The method is use an article distribution service of your choice (or use my recommended ones). Where allowed spin the body, and there are various different methods and school of though on what is an effective spin, however I will leave that alone for now and say aim towards 80% uniqueness from your spun article. That is to say that each article will be ATLEAST 80% different from its predecessor.
Do not as a rule spin the title, or if you do spin the title then leave one portion of the article Say one small line completely unchanged through out. This line must be unique and only found in your article.
Once you have your spun article (or done via some system) you then set it to distribute. Then comes the following steps:-
- After distribution of your article, wait for 1 week.
- Use Scrapebox to scrape for the article title or the unchanged sentence.
- Gather the article urls, filter out any duplicate urls and duplicate domains (again in scrapebox)
- Gather the first 100 article urls, if your number is smaller than 100 then grab what you have.
- Use a bookmarking service, like bookmarking demon or IM automator to bookmark each of the urls. Where possible gather the urls of the bookmarks
- Use a general automated software, like AMROBOT and SENUKE Preferably ALL of the mentioned. And use them to point links towards the hundred Article Links. Use Senuke to build 30 profiles (30 separate accounts) Create ALL web 2.0 properties with EACH of the 30 accounts and then add 2 to 3 articles per account. They can be the same article ideally 2 different ones spun. First one should not have any links on them, once posted wait a week before adding 2nd or 3rd article with links. EACH article should contain 4 links. I will do a detailed review of the method during my coming review of SENUKE.
- Gather ALL the urls, the reason why I picked the two software above is that you are able to quickly check and acquire live links.This number should be few hundred to low thousands in terms of urls.
- Buy an Xrummer blasting service say 100K profile links and blast them to all of the urls that you have gathered.
- The links where you pointed your Xrummer blast check after one week to see which ones are indexed, then do another Scrapebox fast poster comment blast. (varying anchor texts, not ambiguous ones but related to the topic at hand)
The method outlined above will result in most sites gaining significant ground. Each article correctly distributed should cost you between 100 to 150 dollars. Cheaper if you have the tools yourself, but will also take one person about a month to see through from end to end. Results is an article marketing method which will yield results and it forces the perception of link authority.
Pitfalls and Myths Explained
- Dupe Content, Yes it is real but not to a level that most will think it. I would not use any of the articles used in the method above on my OWN sites, my sites must contain original articles which have not been distributed heavily just in select RELEVANT places. To future proof you links correctly spin your articles, having an article that makes sense will mean that any advancement google will make in their detection algorithm will not effect your links. Time spent now will save you lots more in the future
- Link Velocity, This is topic lots of people will harp on about. In truth it is not an issue unless you are planning on adding few million links in one go. I would not worry about this, I would however use the method described to a website/page continuously for 2-3 months. Link velocity can have an impact but only very few people know how to use link velocity to destabilize a site, and those people would know the above method anyway.
- Being too greedy, this method is not about quantity of links its about getting a reasonable number of links with a wide range of ip’s and giving them a big juice and in essence creating them as authority links.
- This will get you in sandbox. If I say it once then I will say it a thousand times, a site fluctuation does not necessarily mean sandbox. This term was really taken on by seo gurus who know jack shit about seo. Just build your links and keep doing it, nothing is going to happen. Whether you are in page 2 or 200 your wont be making any sales anyway. Dont worry about rankings until you on top 10.
- Using the same sources over and over. Say you article was distributed to 10 places and your links are pointed to you money site. Will you repeat the process? I would advice you not to. I happen to think if one site gives out two different links to the same url then the power of the two links are not necessary equal. Use the same method but point it to a different url of the money site and that seems to be acceptable.
- Anchor text does not matter. It bloody well does, KEEP THE ANCHOR TEXT RELEVANT through out, even in XRUMMER BLAST do a relevant anchor text.
Article Marketing Summary And Recommended Services
The Two Primary services that are recommended are Unique Article Wizard and Article Ranks. They both have their advantages and disadvantages of course, you cant do proper spinning in my opinion with UAW, which I think does not help their own cause Their distribution however is fantastic and there are tips and tricks to make it better (not sure if anyone needs them here lol). And I am not convinced about Article Ranks distribution power so much so that I dont really use it (but I mention it here as its miles better then other shit that is floating around like Brad’s Seolinkvine lol). I am testing other but so far These two are the only ones striking out.
A lot of imaginative stuff can be done with article marketing, but hard work is really a key ingredient. Dedicated time and effort needs to be put in for each syndication to really get the biggest bang form your hard earned buck. Do I use article marketing today sure, I use this as a filler service. They give a 3d appearance to my link profile and add authority as well. Are they enough to rank for the TOUGH keywords no definitely not, but they do HELP. One last thing, If you like the article then do use the social buttons